Being in the military can entail regular life changes that most civilians only experience once or twice in their lifetimes. Routine PCS orders are a service requirement, and moving with privately owned vehicles (POV) for military families can be logistically challenging.
Furthermore, there is a misconception that the USAA ships cars for military personnel when they want to relocate to their new military base. However, the company doesn’t ship cars. The USAA is an insurance and financial service company specializing in serving the needs of military personnel and their families.
This article explores some of USAA’s insurance services and provides alternative companies that ship automobiles to military bases.
Since 1922, USAA has provided support to military personnel and their families. Today, USAA offers millions of military personnel a wide range of financial services.
Cars, motorbikes, boats, RVs, and other types of vehicles are covered by the insurance offered by USAA. Only active-duty military personnel, veterans, and spouses of active-duty personnel are eligible for USAA insurance coverage. Children of military personnel are welcome to use USAA insurance coverage.
Highlighted below are some of the insurance coverage offered by USAA to military personnel and their families.
You need to be concerned about more than just the car damage if you cause a car accident. You are also liable for any expenses related to third-party injuries. Suppose you are held accountable for an accident. In that case, your bodily injury and property damage liability insurance will cover any associated medical costs or legal expenses up to your coverage limit.
The full coverage from USAA adds extra protection to your policy’s coverage limit for any repairs or damages to the car resulting from unavoidable incidents like the following:
- Hitting an animal
If your car collides with another object or another vehicle, or if it rolls over, USAA collision insurance will pay for the necessary repairs or replacements up to the policy limit.
PIP insurance plans are often known as no-fault insurance. No matter who was at fault in an accident, a USAA PIP coverage would pay any relevant damages and medical costs up to the insurance limit.
Other optional insurance coverages offered by USAA include:
- Roadside Assistance
- Rental Reimbursement
- Accident Forgiveness
- Classic Car Insurance
- Rideshare Insurance
By taking advantage of their amazing discounts, you may save even more on USAA’s already affordable auto insurance quotes. Moreover, discounts can make a big difference when you compare different car insurance quotes.
The following are some of the standout discounts offered by USAA:
- Driver training discounts
- Good student discounts
- New vehicle discounts
- Safe driver discounts
- Defensive driving course completion discounts
- Multiple vehicle discounts
- Low annual mileage discounts
- Length of Membership discounts
- Military installation saving potential
- Family discounts
The average price rates at USAA are lower than the national average. The average customer only has to pay $885 annually for USAA car insurance coverage.
Several criteria, some of which may have a considerable impact on the cost of your quote, are taken into account by USAA when determining their auto insurance quotes. They consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Membership Loyalty
- The make and model of the vehicle to be insured.
- The driver’s age
- The driver’s history
- The amount of time you spend driving
- The primary location of the vehicle
Here are the top companies that handle car shipping for military personnel moving to another military base:
- AmeriFreight: For shipping a car, AmeriFreight offers a $35 military discount; this brings their average transportation price to $1,200. They offer transport for automobiles such as cars, motorbikes, trucks, boats, SUVs, and even RVs. Military families get access to several discounts for these various services.
- Montway: After applying a $50 military discount, shipping a car with Montway typically costs around $850. For an extra price, Montway can accommodate on-base access, or they can make plans for a meet-up outside the gate to save you money.
- Sherpa: Sherpa Auto Transport provides competitive rates and one of the highest military discounts. The current discount is $100, bringing the standard cost of car shipping for military families down to around $1,040.
While we have answered your question by informing you that USAA doesn’t ship cars, they offer several car insurance services to military personnel and their families. Nevertheless, you can check out other alternative companies to know the best one to ship your privately owned vehicle.